Introduction

Let's talk essential oils --

If you're not living under a rock, then I'm sure you've heard or read something about essential oils at one point or another.  You may also be curious about them, or even think that they're garbage.  Both stances are fine.  If you are curious, then feel free to keep reading and following my blog, because that's what this blog will be all about - essential oils and their uses.



*Disclaimer*
This blog and its contents herein are not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent any disease.  These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.  Please consult your physician for medical advice.



I've toyed around with creating a blog or a Facebook page for essential oils for quite some time and have only just now decided to dive in and do it.  I've been using essential oils rather regularly for about three years now.  I suppose I wanted to feel as though I had a good enough grasp on the products prior to attempting to demonstrate their positive effects for anyone else.  I feel quite confident in essential oils and the positive effects they've had in my life.  The thing is, you need to use them responsibly, and also know that not all oils are made equally.  I will only use one brand of essential oils and that is Young Living.  With Young Living you can feel safe in knowing that what you're getting is pure.  Young Living comes with a Seed to Seal guarantee.  The origin of their oils will never be a mystery.  They are safe for topical application, internal consumption, and other applications.  However, it should be noted that not all oils are meant to be consumed internally and that you should always dilute an oil initially.  Some oils may be applied neat (without a carrier oil), but most should always be diluted with a carrier oil such as:  coconut oil, sweet almond oil, jojoba oil, etc.  

There was a post from a girl who received horrendous burns after applying essential oils to her face without a carrier oil and then proceeded to go tanning in a tanning bed.  ALL OILS ARE LIGHT SENSITIVE.  In fact, you need to store them in a dark place, and they come in dark bottles to protect them.  The base issue here wasn't that she used the oils on her face.  It was that she put them on and sat under light.  I feel for the girl and hope she recovers well, however, I hope that you will not disregard the many benefits oils can have simply because one girl made a stupid mistake in their application.  I have been applying oils to my face ever since I started using them and I have NEVER had a reaction like this.  In fact, since I started using essential oils I've gotten compliments on my skin and my hair, but more on that later.

Over the years I've looked for different ways to utilize my oils in productive and positive ways.  Most of them have worked beautifully, but others haven't.  Don't worry, I'll share it all -- the good and the bad.  Nothing is perfect, but I feel that the things that have worked have been 100% worth it and I'll never go back to using the conventional products.  I actually started getting into essential oils because I have an immense sensitivity to chemicals so I couldn't use conventional products without getting sick.  I spent years feeling like I was going to die every time I went  to clean the bathroom.  I basically never did because it was such a horrific ordeal for me.  Now it's quick, easy, and painless.  Well, mostly, I do still have to clean the bathroom!

So, stay tunned, follow, comment, whatever.  

THESE ARE THE OILS YOU'RE LOOKING FOR



Comments